Stacy Tuschl is a speaker, business coach, and the owner of The Academy of Performing Arts in Wisconsin. She is the author of the book “Is Your Business Worth Saving?” where she reveals proven strategies for pulling entrepreneurs out of a rut and launching them toward business success.
There’s a trend going on in the online world.
Apart from the people who procrastinate, let self-doubt stop them or become a victim of perfectionism, I see entrepreneurs focusing too much on something.
>> Create those 100 pieces of social media content to get visible
>>Create 8 Blogs a month to be an expert and up your SEO game
>> Create that course or program YOU know people need!
Don’t get me wrong, keeping your audience up to date, staying relevant and taking action isn’t a bad thing. In fact, it’s one of the BEST gifts you can give yourself as an entrepreneur. But you know what’s not cool about CREATION?
WHEN YOU CREATE STUFF WITHOUT DOING YOUR DUE RESEARCH.
As knowledge-seeking infopreneurs, you sometimes (MOST OF THE TIME) think that you know everything. Or maybe you do. But is it really what your audience wants to see? Are they looking for the exact answers you’re putting out there? Or did you forget to do your research and are taking things at face value? (without understanding the bigger picture or motive behind what your ideal clients are saying in the open).
If so, you’re cooking a recipe for disaster in your business.
Over at She’s Building Her Empire, our August theme is all about creating your FIRST sold-out digital product (it could be an ebook, a course or a program). Last week, we talked about Establishing Your Why for Your Digital Product Creation. If you missed it, you can read that blog here.
Creating new things is a beautiful process…
…but not if no one wants to buy it.
Today, we're talking about assessing your product and really making sure that it is something that you should be putting out there and that it really is something that people are actually going to want. Listen in, as I'm going to explain five things to you now, that you really need to know before you create your product, to make sure that you create it the right way.
The 5 Must Know Things to Do Before You Create Your Digital Product:
- Stay in your lane. What is it you are great at? It’s probably already your current job position, or maybe your dream job position, but it should be something that people are always asking you questions about. Questions like: “How do you do ________?” or “How did you achieve ___________?” or “Can you show me what you did to do _________?”
- Speak to the old you. Remember, your ideal customers are not at the same level you are now. Go back a few steps and make sure to provide clear, concise steps that will lead them to the end result they are seeking (which leads to my next point… yes, you need an end result).
- Clarify the end result. What result will your customers achieve after completing your digital product? For example, a customer will be fully capable to: cook a meal, create a landing page, choose an outfit that fits their style, etc.
- Run a beta-test. This doesn’t have to be something that is done for free, but it is essential to do in order to provide the best quality of the product. Sometimes we think we have all of the information covered, but what better way to ensure we do than by letting our ideal customers' test run it! Feedback is essential because you have missed a step that you thought was so simple it didn’t need to be covered (hint, hint: it does!).
- Refine and Optimize. Once your beta-test is complete it is crunch time! Your first (or next) digital product is almost complete, but here comes the essential component of tweaking your product. Refine your content. Optimize your content. Add, delete, improve…
If you follow these five things before creating your digital product, you will be well on your way to success! Make sure to watch my video training specifically on this topic, as I know it will provide even more guidance on creating your first (or next) digital product. Click here to watch the video.
Go to bit.ly/aceframework to get Stacy's free Ace Framework, which is all about gathering leads on social media and turning them into customers. You can click the “FREE DOWNLOAD” button in the photo.
*She's Building Her Empire may be an affiliate or receive compensation from some of the business listed for referrals, as their “thank you” for sending you their way. However, we would never recommend any product or service unless we personally love the product and have great things to say about it. Our reputation is at stake and we would not jeopardize that!