Believe me, I get it: It feels like the life of a business owner is all hustle, hustle, hustle. You’re thinking about work 24/7 and you’re always on call. But…what if I told you it didn’t have to be that way? In fact, what if I told you that you could see more success (and recognize more revenue) if you weren’t constantly working?
The truth is that it’s very likely that all of that hustle is a big part of what’s holding your business back. After all, when you’re constantly working on the “right now” and putting out fires, you don’t have any mental or calendar space to plan and implement your next steps. And, it’s also what’s keeping you stuck in your business at all hours and veering dangerously close to burnout.
I’ve put together something special to help you bust through these and other blocks that are keeping your business—and revenue—from growing, but more on that in a bit.
For now, I’m going to give you my top tips on how to tame your schedule and your workload and help you shave at least one or two hours off of every work day!
- Figure out when you are most productive. Not every hour of the day is created equal, and you can’t expect to have the same level of productivity at 9am as you do at 2pm. Our bodies’ natural rhythms tend to make us most productive and focused for the five or so hours after we wake up, and incredibly unfocused and unproductive for the five hours after that.
If you’re expecting yourself to do your most challenging work in your low-productivity hours, you’re fighting an uphill battle, and tasks that might take you a half hour in the morning are easily going to take you an hour or even two.
Everyone’s body is different, so it’s important to track your own productivity rhythms. But instead of trying to fight them, schedule your hardest, most strategic and creative tasks for your high-productivity hours, and schedule any low-focus or more social work for your low productivity hours
- Know whether you’re a “break it up” or “see it through” kind of person. A lot of business owners I know assume that they operate best by breaking up their big projects and kind of bouncing between a few big ones. Variety is the spice of life, right?
And that may work for some people, but you might be surprised to discover just how much focus multiple unfinished projects could be costing you. Even when you’re not focused on a project, your brain is aware that it’s unfinished and is thinking about it in the background. Multiply that by a few different projects, and that’s a lot weighing on your mind without you even realizing it. You definitely don’t need to increase your mental exhaustion!
Before you just default to bouncing between projects, try a test. Spend a day or two working on projects and finishing each one at a time and then evaluate how you feel after each project is done and at the end of the day. You might just find that breaking up projects is more exhausting than you realize.
- Minimize the visual chaos. When we think about distractions, we tend to think about phone calls, people knocking at your office door, and other things like that. But there’s another kind of distraction that can be just as disruptive but much sneakier.
When files and papers and things pile up in your office and your email inbox only gets fuller and fuller, these are things that you can’t help but see. And, more importantly, they’re things that your brain registers as “unfinished work.” As we know, that’s already mentally tiring. But even simpler is just the fact that it’s a lot of things to distract you from the task at hand.
Straightening up your office and cleaning out your inbox helps organize the things you need to do, but it also helps keep your brain and your eyes focused on what you’re working on at that moment.
- Schedule time for learning.
Here’s the thing: If you knew how to build a 7-figure business, you’d already be doing, right? You don’t know what you don’t know, and that’s not your fault. But that does mean that in order to move to the next level in your business, you’ve got some things to learn.
It might seem counter intuitive, but you need to block off dedicated time each day to spend time learning. And when I block it off, I mean it: It needs to be sacred time that you don’t let get double-booked or infringed on. Taking even just a half hour out of every day gives you the opportunity to learn and master important new concepts— concepts that can help you streamline your business and increase your revenue.
These few minutes you’ve spent here reading this post? It’s a great start! Now you need to put dedicated, regular time for it on your daily calendar.
And your next step after that? Figure out all of your blocks and bust through them.
Of course, though, you don’t know what you don’t know. How can you bust through those blocks—and implement better systems—if you don’t know how?
That’s why I’ve put together a course that will show you how to implement all of my tried-and-true systems and strategies for streamlining your day and managing the chaos. Imagine going from exhausted at the end of the day to energize because you’ve gotten so much done! (And got to leave before 5.)
And, once your schedule, your workflow, and your To Do list is under control, I’m going to start teaching you how to take that new relaxed-and-productive schedule and add a few high-impact activities that’ll bring more customers in your door and put more profit in your pocket.
Here’s what you can expect from the High Performing Hacks course:
- Tips and tricks to get you down to—gasp—zero emails. One business owner started the program with thousands of emails in her inbox and got down to absolutely zilch, so I know you can do it, too!
- The keys to a Google calendar that works for you (instead of the other way around). I screenshare my very own calendar and show you exactly how to set yours up. And, believe me, as a mom of two little ones and the owner of multiple seven-figure businesses, it’s possible to work just 9am-3pm and only three days a week in the summer. I’ll show you how!
- The project management systems that actually work—not just look pretty or sound popular. I’m pulling back the curtain on every element of my business and showing you how to set up daily, weekly, and monthly tasks and systems.
- And many more systems, automation's, and tool-kits designed to take back control of your business and bring so much more calm and clarity into every single day!
And, even better, I’m offering you a special discounted price! Normally, I sell this course for $197…
But for a very limited time, you can get it for just $97! That’s more hours in your day, more peace, more revenue, and more fulfillment—and all at a 50% discount.
You can’t afford to waste any more time. Join me in High Performing Hacks today!